These publication guidelines apply to approved media partners only. If you are not an approved media partner with access to our Partner Downloads page, you must follow the regular republishing policies here.
Publishing guidelines for approved media partners
- Content created by the Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism is provided free to news media in Wisconsin and to others granted access. The byline, tagline and photo and graphics credits must accompany all uses of the story. You have the Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism’s permission to edit the materials to meet the needs of your audience.
- If you make changes that are significant — such as adding a comment from a local official — you need to include a note like this: “Additional reporting by (Your Name, Organization.)”
- By downloading photos, graphics, illustrations, maps, charts, videos, audio or other multimedia content from the Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism, you agree to the following terms:
- Any multimedia content created by and credited to the Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism may be archived and reused with any future story, as long as the content is used in a factually accurate and editorially appropriate way. Please run an appropriate caption with the photo that describes its relationship to your story. The Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism must be credited, and if possible, please provide a link back to our website: www.wisconsinwatch.org
- Any written or multimedia content created by and credited to any person or organization other than the Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism may only be used with the original story or package it was provided with, and may not be reused or archived without permission from the original creator or copyright holder, unless otherwise specified by the Center. If reuse is desired, the Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism will, to the best of its ability, put you in contact with the original creator or copyright holder.
For any questions regarding reuse or publication of content please contact Andy Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org